
Dogs and skateboarding -- both cool. A dog that can skateboard??? Over the top!
How can I teach my dog to do that? I have a beagle and all he does is sleep and sniff stuff. There's one thing that motivates him: food. He'll eat anything and if there's ever a chance for him to do a trick or be obedient, he needs a bribe. Hold a piece of pretty much any food and he's got the focus of a biochemist on the brink of discovery.
Everybody has heard of the old adage that dogs are man's best friend, but there's a lot of truth to that. For the most part, dogs crave attention and positive reactions from their masters. Aside from wanting to be wild and free, dogs love to serve and be included. When my wife and I got our dog Bud, we decided to have him be an indoor dog so that he would feel part of the family. He never helps around the house and pretty much loafs around all day, but we've enjoyed just having his presence when we're going about our daily lives. We've taught him to sit, shake, lay down, and play dead. I don't think I'll ever get him to ride a skateboard, but I would like to teach him to howl on command since he's got a great hound dog howl. I just have no idea how to go about teaching him that. Any ideas?

No comments:
Post a Comment