I've been staring at this picture for 20 minutes trying to figure out what I want to say about these babies... maybe I should go eat something first.Problem solved.
Since the time of the Aztecs, mankind has enjoyed the taco. The primitive taco was a flatbread made from corn called a tlaxcalli, wrapped around locusts, snails or small fish. It's origins trace back to the region of Southern Mexico.
The tlazcalli has evolved into the tortilla and is traditionally filled with meat, topped with onion, cilantro and salsa to make up the modern taco.
Tacos are eaten throughout Mexico and their popularity has grown around the world, especially in the inner-cities of the U.S. I'm currently making a website on taco eating in downtown Salt Lake, with a directory and ratings of various taco shops and taco stands in SLC. Authentic tacos can include virtually any meat, so it's somewhat important to know what type of taco you're eating... unless you don't mind eating cow tongue or brains :)
I'll update the blog with my taco findings as they come.

I can't wait to see your website for streetside taco stands. As an adventurous eater, my doctor told me to not eat any street vendor foods when i moved to Los Angeles. Of course i didn't listen to his advice because I'm always a hungry person and it always looks so good. Thats where i had my first street taco experience. Since then, my wife and i have sought out good taco stands in salt lake because they are always cheap and delicious. My favorite so far is across from Dee's on Abravenel Hall's property that serves the workers that are building the new ZCMI/Crossroads mall area. I couldn't taste anything for a day because of how spicy it was!
ReplyDelete